The Education Department at Holy Names University invites applicants who possess the required education, knowledge, and experience, and are willing to commit to playing an active role within a multi-faceted team in the Education Department and University at large.
Minimum Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Doctorate in education.
- 10 years of experience working with culturally diverse populations in K-12 urban settings.
- Experience supervising pre-service or in-service teachers at the elementary middle school or high school levels.
- Excellent teaching skills using a variety of pedagogical methods and strategies to meet needs of diverse learners.
- Knowledge of specific subject matter such as math, science, reading and language arts.
- Proven administrative skills in developing systems, analyzing, and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Design, implement and facilitate a unit wide assessment and evaluation system.
- Knowledge and experience with approval and accrediting bodies such as the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience working collaboratively within a variety of settings and educational institutions.
- Interest in developing and implementing curricula that prepares candidates to become effective urban educators.
- Ability to integrate education technology in the classroom.
Send an application letter outlining educational, teaching experience, a curriculum vita and three letters of recommendation to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.