Valley Center for the Performing Arts
The Valley Center for the Performing Arts hosts over 100 public performances and other events each year. Holy Names University rents its two performance spaces to members of the community. Read on for the details and check out our event calendar while you’re here.
The VCPA houses two separate theatres; large audiences up to 390 can be accommodated in the Regents’ Theatre, while smaller, more intimate groups use the Studio Theatre with movable seating for up to 125 participants. Community members and students alike enjoy performances and lectures in the VCPA throughout the year.
Event Space Rentals
About the space
Designed with close attention to audience comfort, presentation requirements, and technical versatility, the Valley Center is extremely user-friendly and convenient. No wonder it has quickly gained a reputation among businesses and performing arts organizations as a well-designed, professionally equipped performance and convening space!
The Valley Center includes two theaters:
- The Regents’ Theatre, which accommodates up to 390 seated guests (see Seating Chart)
- The Studio Theatre with movable seating for up to 125 guests, which can easily be customized according to specifications, and features acoustics that satisfy even the most exacting musicians and audiences. It is a multi-purpose space that can host events ranging from performances to banquet dinners. We offer banquet seating or cafe-style high-top tables.
Each is equipped with:
- Industry-standard lighting
- A versatile sound system suitable for stage plays, films, lectures, and meetings
- A Yamaha concert grand piano
- A Yamaha baby grand piano
- Stage risers and podiums
Backstage you will find:
- A green room
- 2 large dressing rooms
- Secured space for storing musical instruments and props
The building also features offices and classrooms for rehearsals, practice areas, or break-out sessions.
At the Valley Center you will find everything else you may need in professional event space:
- Climate control
- Easy parking and audience drop-off
- Wheelchair access
- A street-to-stage loading dock
- Accessibility to major freeways
- …and, of course, knowledgeable and efficient staff to make everything run smoothly.