The Kodály Summer Certficate
The Credit Track of the Kodály Summer Institute is an intensive-mode assessment track towards Kodály Summer Certification or Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
HNU’s Kodály Summer Certificate is a 17-unit, 3-level, summer post-baccalaureate program open to music educators, qualified classroom teachers, choral conductors, church musicians, and private teachers at all levels of instruction who are interested in gaining a comprehensive overview of the Kodály approach to music education and musicianship training.
Part-time summer pathways
Part-time study is also an option for the Kodály Summer Certificate.
- Each of the 3 levels can be completed over 2 summers: Year A (Solfège, Conducting, Choir); Year B (Pedagogy, Folk Music).
- Take individual courses for graduate or undergraduate credit.
- International students must apply for a student visa. The due date for a completed International Summer Admission is May 1.
- International visitors on an Esta visa waiver cannot complete a course of study for credit or audit. International visitors are welcome to attend the seminar track.
- A B.A. degree is required to receive post-baccalaureate credit and Kodály Certification.
- This certification is endorsed by the Organization of American Kodály Educators (OAKE).
- Some courses are also available for undergraduate credit.
- As this is an intensive course of study, 1 summer credit unit is equivalent to a semester credit unit.
Fees and Scholarships
Tuition is heavily discounted for the Kodály summer program ($400 per credit). Several summer scholarships are also available.
- See fee/scholarship information here.
- Pre-register and pay a $150 deposit by April 1, 2019. (Non refundable after June 1).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (510) 436 1039