Your pathway to a teaching career
Holy Names University is committed to training informed and empowered educators. Perhaps you’re interested in becoming a teacher. Maybe you’re already a teacher or administrator and want to further your education. The world needs all you have to offer, and HNU offers a 50% tuition reduction to get you on your way.
Apply for a 50% Tuition Reduction
The Logan Scholarship
This award is for students who plan to teach in public schools. Eligible programs include, Master of Education, Master of Music in Music Education and Master of Science in Nursing (for future teaching assignments). Please see details below.Apply for admission
New students: To apply for the Logan Scholarship, you must first be admitted into one of the qualifying majors. Upon admission into one of these programs, you will have the ability to apply for the scholarship via your Applicant Status Portal. If you haven’t already done so, start your admissions application.
Current students: Please reach out to the Financial aid office if you are currently in a qualifying program and now meet the criteria. They will need a copy of your transcript and completion of a “Statement of Intention to Teach in Public Schools form” which they will provide for you in order to apply your scholarship.
Eligibility and Special Requirements
- Master of Education, Credential, and Certificate Programs
- Master of Music in Music Education with Kodály Emphasis
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) for future teaching assignments in academic health science centers or departments of nursing in public education institutions (e.g., UC, Cal State, community college, or vocational educational centers).
Graduate scholarship recipients must reapply each year and meet the following criteria:
- GPA of at least 3.0 in undergraduate coursework (Logan only)
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at HNU
- Continuous term-to-term enrollment, as defined by the individual program
The Catholic Educators Scholarship
This award is for students currently employed full-time as teachers or administrators at Catholic elementary or secondary schools.
Eligible programs include:
• Master of Education
• Credential Programs
• Certificate Programs