HNU Logo

Undergraduate Financial Aid

We use cookies to personalize content, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. You consent to our use of cookies if you continue to use our website.

three HNU students laughing together on campus
Get started

Have you filled out your FAFSA yet?

FAFSA stands for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application is the first step in determining your eligibility for Federal Student Aid. And once we receive your FAFSA information, we can determine your eligibility for federal, state and institutional financial aid.

Complete your FAFSA
Are you a California resident?

Apply for a Cal Grant

Cal Grants are one of the smartest ways to get cash for college. For starters, it’s money you don’t have to pay back. If you’re a graduating high school senior or recent graduate, meet academic, financial and eligibility requirements, and submit two forms by the Cal Grant deadline, March 2, you may receive a Cal Grant!

Apply for a Cal Grant
Holy Names University students performing a science experiment
orange flowers

California Dream Act (AB 540)

The California Dream Act Application allows students interested in attending eligible California higher ed institutions to apply for state financial aid. This is separate from the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

CA Dream Act Application
Money Matters

Apply for a scholarship, grant, or loan

You could qualify for a low-interest federal or private loan. Or even a grant or scholarship, which don’t have to be repaid.


Undergraduate students are considered for merit, talent, and athletic scholarship awards, none of which need to be paid back.

Learn more


HNU's institutional grants help meet students' financial need and do not need to be repaid.

Learn more


Loans are borrowed money (from public or private sources) that must be repaid.

Learn More