See you at New Student Orientation!
Holy Names University’s New Student Orientation creates a foundation for student success by facilitating the successful transition of students and their families to our diverse academic, social and cultural campus community. Orientation is an ongoing experience that fosters unity, communicates expectations for academic excellence, promotes community values and builds relationships by encouraging students to explore and reflect on their full potential. All incoming students must register for New Student Orientation.
2020 Orientation is August 24 - 25
- Join HNU Orientation on Raftr this year.
- Make valuable connections with fellow students, staff, and faculty.
- Gain an understanding of the expectations for student success both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Understand more about HNU culture and traditions.
- Develop familiarity with HNU campus resources.
- Join programs for parents and supporters on Zoom this year.
- Be welcomed as part of the HNU community.
- Develop familiarity with HNU campus resources so that you can be a resource for your student.
- Gain information on the nuts and bolts of doing business with the university.
- Learn more about what to expect of your student’s experience at HNU.
- New Beginnings Together Mass
Sunday, August 23 at 10:00 a.m.
All new students, families, and continuing students are welcome to attend this special Mass, which will include a “send-off” blessing of students by parents and families.https://zoom.us/j/5029055546
Hawk This Way: Campus Resources
Another way to find out more about HNU and discover campus life. Join an online webinar to learn about different campus resources and ask questions.
All webinars start at 5:00 p.m. PST
Monday, August 17 I Counseling & Psychological Services
Tuesday, August 18 I Center for Social Justice & Civic Engagement
Wednesday, August 19 I Career Services
Thursday, August 20 I Campus Ministry
All webinars will be recorded and available on Raftr.
Hawk’s Eye View
Learn more about how to support and empower your student with tasks including buying books, registering for classes, registering for housing, grades, academic probation, university conduct, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Vista del Ojo de Hawk
Obtenga más información sobre cómo apoyar y capacitar a su estudiante con tareas que incluyen comprar libros, inscribirse en clases, inscribirse en la vivienda, calificaciones, libertad condicional académica, conducta universitaria y la Ley de Privacidad y Derechos Educativos de la Familia (FERPA).
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93294390965
All webinars start at 6:00 p.m. PST
Tuesday, August 18
Wednesday, August 19
Thursday, August 20
Orientation is Virtual!
Raftr is the online tool you will be using for your virtual Orientation and other campus events. Sign up now.
1. Go to https://go.raftr.com/8wnw
2. Log in with your HNU Username and Password