HNU Logo

International Students

Explore life in the Bay Area while being a part of a welcoming, tight-knit community at HNU.

We use cookies to personalize content, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. You consent to our use of cookies if you continue to use our website.


Who is an international student?

International applicants are individuals who are citizens of a country other than the United States and need a visa in order to study or live in the US. If you are a US citizen or a permanent resident of the US, regardless of where you go to school, you are not considered an international applicant. International students are required to obtain an F-1 Visa to study at HNU. Upon acceptance, the University will issue an I-20 form, which will allow the student to apply for the F-1 visa. Holy Names University has authorization under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

Visit HNU's Office of International Education
four Holy Names University students walking riverside in Oakland, CA