Holy Names University has a large community of transfer students. About 20% of HNU undergraduates transferred here from another university. Our transfer students are welcomed into our campus community and supported inside and outside the classroom. Other advantages of being a transfer student at HNU include:
- An easy application process
- Simple credit transfers
- Transfer scholarships
- Individualized attention in small classes
- Instruction from dedicated instructors who are practicing professionals in various fields
- HNU’s beautiful 60-acre campus with panoramic views of the Bay
- Opportunities to volunteer or intern in the Oakland, CA community
Find your home at Holy Names University. Our administration, faculty members, staff, and student body are here to support you during your transition.
Our Streamlined Transfer Process
Transfer students have enough to think about without wading through a complicated process with college transfer admissions. That’s why we have a streamlined process for transfer students who apply to and attend HNU. The only thing you’ll need when you apply to Holy Names is your college transcript.
Most of our programs have rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. The pre-licensure BSN program, however, has a deadline. Reach out to an enrollment counselor for more information about applying for the next available term.
If you have questions about transferring to HNU, visit the Transfer Student FAQ page for answers to some of the most common questions we receive.
HNU Is Among the Easiest University to Transfer to in California
As a transfer student, the classes you’ve already taken should count toward your degree. We’ve made the college credit transfer process simple and supportive. At HNU, we accept transfer credits from all regionally and internationally accredited institutions. Our only course requirements are:
- The classes made progress toward your degree at your former university.
- The courses were not remedial.
- You passed the classes with a C- or higher.
Check out our Transferring College Credits page for more information about transferring various