Graduate Education Programs
Make a profound difference
At HNU, we have a variety of Graduate Education Programs, all of which will allow you to have a lasting impact on students and communities.
We’re training the next generation of urban teachers
We provide a supportive, welcoming learning environment to shape our graduates’ work in the field of education. Our committed and experienced faculty will help you deepen your knowledge of teaching methods, gain confidence, and have more meaningful experiences in the classroom. Make a lasting impact on students and communities in urban settings, and help shape our future.
- Learn in a small, supportive classroom setting with deeply knowledgeable faculty.
- Benefit from an environment that is rich in cultural and ethnic diversity and life experiences.
- Gain real-world experience by teaching, and receiving guidance, in an urban setting.
- Take advantage of late afternoon and evening classes that allow you to balance your other commitments.
- Enjoy generous Logan Education Scholarships if you plan to teach in the public schools. This provides a 50% tuition reduction throughout your program.
- CBEST and CSET are not required for admission (you can pass them during your first year).
- No GRE is required.
Education Graduate Programs
Graduate Education Programs at HNU
Our Graduate Education programs will prepare you to be the best teacher you can be and will help to increase your earning potential. Have questions about a specific program? Get more information about any of the Education graduate programs offered at HNU by reaching out. You can also attend an information session for one-on-one guidance.
Master of Arts in Teaching
Master of Arts in Educational Therapy
Master of Education/Urban Education
Master of Education/Urban Education K-12
Master of Education/Urban Education Special Education
Master of Music Education with Kodály Emphasis
Educational Therapy Certificate
Kodály Specialist Certificate
Kodály Summer Certificate
Education Specialist Mild/Moderate Disabilities Credential
Multiple Subjects Credentials
Single Subject Credentials