Holy Names University (HNU) is announcing an opening in Athletics for Head Women’s Soccer Coach. Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Soccer Coach will provide oversight to the University’s women’s soccer program and provide supervision for graduate assistants in the GA program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Provide leadership and administration of the HNU Women’s Soccer program.
- Coach and actively participate in practice sessions as needed and effectively manage game day situations.
- Coordinate and supervise the annual operating budget for women’s soccer including inventory and purchasing while adhering to established policies regarding purchasing.
- Administer a robust fundraising campaign for the women’s soccer program including development of camps if possible.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and bring enthusiasm to the program.
- Maintain professional standards at all times and ensure the safety and well-being of student-athletes at home and on the road.
- Effectively work with other departments and teams to ensure overall positive outcomes for the department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Previous college/university coaching experience required.
- Experience working with NCAA is preferred.
- Knowledge and adherence to all NCAA rules is essential.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core values of Holy Names University and the ability to translate those values into success for Athletics Department.
- Sound problem solving and conflict resolution abilities are expected as well as keen understanding of professional distance needed between staff members and athletes.
- Willingness to support the Department of Athletics by attending department/institutional events and serving in various roles throughout the year are required.
- Ability and willingness to drive university vehicles as needed.
For consideration, applicants should submit the Holy Names University staff employment application with a cover letter, resume, letter of interest and the names and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com.
About Holy Names University (HNU)
Oakland’s Holy Names University (HNU) was founded in 1868 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Rooted in Catholic intellectual and spiritual traditions, the university’s mission is to empower and prepare a diverse student body for productive lives of leadership and service in a complex world. HNU offers a liberal arts and professional education through 15 undergraduate majors and seven master’s degree programs. HNU’s student-centered education, with small class sizes and courses in varied formats and schedules, meets the current needs of adult learners, including first-generation students and working adults. The university’s idyllic, 60-acre campus is nestled in the Oakland hills of California and offers panoramic views of San Francisco Bay. To learn more, visit www.hnu.edu.
Holy Names University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from the community, alumni and the general public. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.