Holy Names University in Oakland, CA is seeking a full time Enrollment Counselor. Our Vision is to educate leaders for positive social change through service. Qualified candidates will demonstrate an understanding of the core values of Holy Names University (Hospitality, social justice, human development, and service) and higher education reflective of the Catholic intellectual tradition.
The Enrollment Counselor will recruit and yield students for Holy Names University. The Enrollment Counselor will attend college fairs, community events and support in department programs to connect with perspective students, families, and community and business partners. The counselor schedules visits at schools, delivers presentations and follows-up with individual students. Each Enrollment Counselor manages specific territories/populations and must meet both individual and overall enrollment goals and other responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Professionally represent and recruit prospective students to HNU.
- Identifies potential students and recruits, advises and evaluates admissions requirements for prospective undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Arrange school visits and give presentations to prospective students and groups.
- Establish a relationship with prospective students and their families through telephone, email, and mail contact, events, etc.
- Foster and cultivate external relationships with counselors, programs and community partnerships.
- Independently coordinate all aspects of recruitment travel including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations.
- Attend recruitment events on and off campus to interact with prospective students.
- Review, evaluate and make admissions decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Follow-up daily with prospective students, applicants and admitted students for enrollment purposes.
- Help plan and coordinate admission events for prospective and admitted students, families and community partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- No direct experience is required. However, previous work with students in a college environment is a plus.
- 1-3 years of related job experience; such as previous work with students in the high school, community college or college/graduate school environment, participation in admissions, student outreach and recruitment activities, campus tours or other similar experience(s) is preferred.
- Experience working in fast-pace and deadline-driven environment while effectively managing multiple assignments with accuracy and consistency.
- Possess ability to communicate, present, and provide information accurately and effectively, both orally and in writing, to large groups and individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to the needs of a diverse prospective student population, a commitment to quality teamwork and initiative, independence, and self-motivation are required.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to monitor and meet departmental goals.
- Spanish preferred.
The review of applications will begin immediately. For consideration, applicants should submit a Holy Names University (staff/faculty) employment application with a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Holy Names University (HNU)
Oakland’s Holy Names University (HNU) was founded in 1868 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Rooted in Catholic intellectual and spiritual traditions, the university’s mission is to empower and prepare a diverse student body for productive lives of leadership and service in a complex world. HNU offers a liberal arts and professional education through 15 undergraduate majors and seven master’s degree programs. HNU’s student-centered education, with small class sizes and courses in varied formats and schedules, meets the current needs of adult learners, including first-generation students and working adults. The university’s idyllic, 60-acre campus is nestled in the Oakland hills of California and offers panoramic views of San Francisco Bay. To learn more, visit www.hnu.edu.
Holy Names University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from the community, alumni and the general public. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.