Holy Names University (HNU) is pleased to announce upcoming Graduate Assistant positions in the Department of Athletics. Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, Head Coach, or Athletics Administrator, the Graduate Assistants for Athletics will apply classroom learning to an Athletics Department, setting and fulfilling the learning outcomes and assessment by:
- Assisting the head coach/administrator with advancing the program in a way that is consistent with the mission of Holy Names University.
- Assist with department events and game day duties as needed.
- Effectively work with other departments and teams to ensure overall positive outcomes for the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITIONS
(Full job descriptions and contract will be provided by supervisor.)
- Support university efforts to recruit and enroll student-athletes.
- Assist with day to day duties in the office and in practice, if coaching.
- Comply with all contract obligations.
- Knowledge and adherence to all NCAA rules is essential.
- Willingness to support the Department of Athletics by attending department/institutional events and serving in various roles throughout the year is required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must be accepted into a Master’s Degree program at HNU prior to being hired.
- If applying for a coaching position, experience in coaching or playing at the collegiate or high school levels, and NCAA Division II experience, are preferred
- Coaches much complete the NCAA online training modules prior to recruiting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core values of Holy Names University and the ability to translate those values into college access and success.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound problem solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Athletics Event Management
- Athletics Strength & Conditioning
- Athletic Training
- Men’s Basketball Assistant Coach
- Women’s Basketball Assistant Coach
- Men’s Soccer Assistant Coach
- Women’s Soccer Assistant Coach
- Men’s & Women’s Cross Country/Track Assistant Coach
- Men’s Volleyball Assistant Coach
- Women’s Volleyball Assistant Coach
- Men’s Golf Assistant Coach
- Women’s Golf Assistant Coach
- Women’s Tennis Assistant Coach
For consideration, applicants should submit the Holy Names University staff employment application with a cover letter, resume, letter of interest and the names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Holy Names University
Holy Names University, a Catholic, liberal arts, coeducational university, emphasizes excellent teaching within a small class setting to a diverse student body. Located on 60 wooded acres overlooking San Francisco Bay, the site provides ready access to the cultural, business and educational resources of the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information about Holy Names University visit www.hnu.edu.
Holy Names University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from the community, alumni and the general public. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.