Holy Names University (HNU) is pleased to announce upcoming Graduate Assistant positions in the Department of Athletics. Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, Head Coach, or Athletics Administrator, the Graduate Assistants for Athletics will apply classroom learning to an Athletics Department, setting and fulfilling the learning outcomes and assessment by:
- Assisting the head coach/administrator with advancing the program in a way that is consistent with the mission of Holy Names University.
- Assist with department events and game day duties as needed.
- Effectively work with other departments and teams to ensure overall positive outcomes for the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITIONS
(Full job descriptions and contract will be provided by supervisor.)
- Support university efforts to recruit and enroll student-athletes.
- Assist with day to day duties in the office and in practice, if coaching.
- Comply with all contract obligations.
- Knowledge and adherence to all NCAA rules is essential.
- Willingness to support the Department of Athletics by attending department/institutional events and serving in various roles throughout the year is required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must be accepted into a Master’s Degree program at HNU prior to being hired.
- If applying for a coaching position, experience in coaching or playing at the collegiate or high school levels, and NCAA Division II experience, are preferred
- Coaches much complete the NCAA online training modules prior to recruiting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core values of Holy Names University and the ability to translate those values into college access and success.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound problem solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Strength & Conditioning
- Athletic Training
- Women’s Soccer
- Men’s Volleyball
- Men’s Tennis
For consideration, applicants should submit the Holy Names University staff employment application with a cover letter, resume, letter of interest and the names and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com.
About Holy Names University (HNU)
Oakland’s Holy Names University (HNU) was founded in 1868 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Rooted in Catholic intellectual and spiritual traditions, the university’s mission is to empower and prepare a diverse student body for productive lives of leadership and service in a complex world. HNU offers a liberal arts and professional education through 15 undergraduate majors and seven master’s degree programs. HNU’s student-centered education, with small class sizes and courses in varied formats and schedules, meets the current needs of adult learners, including first-generation students and working adults. The university’s idyllic, 60-acre campus is nestled in the Oakland hills of California and offers panoramic views of San Francisco Bay. To learn more, visit www.hnu.edu.
Holy Names University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from the community, alumni and the general public. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.