Holy Names University is seeking an experienced Helpdesk Support Technician 1 to perform desktop, helpdesk, phone system and networking support tasks as needed. Technical and hands on, this position also includes participation on additional projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative configurations.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
- Assists with moves, additions, and changes of computers and phones.
- Must perform in a team-oriented atmosphere, working with end users and other IT Staff to determine the best possible method of supporting systems.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve day-to-day computer related problems; acts as a centralized help desk to facilitate exchange of information and advice.
- Assist with user account management, including creating new users, modifying user permissions and inactivating terminated users.
- Maintain inventory pool reallocation and help maintain asset inventories.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year experience in helpdesk or similar position.
- A+ Certification desired.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Application support including Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, Anti-Virus, Backup/Restore.
- Proficiency with the following software: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have experience with desktop and laptop hardware.
- Must possess the following network related skills: DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, TCP/IP.
- Experience with remote communications: VPN, Wireless Cards and Remote Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with employees at all skill levels; including the ability to translate and communicate technical and analytical issues to all types of end users.
- Ability to work under considerable pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Motivated self-starter personality; must be able to work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrates the ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and team communications skills are essential; must be able to document processes, policies, and procedures in a timely basis.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone, good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired (Higher Education experience and support a plus).
- Effective organization, time management, prioritization, follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
The review of applications will begin immediately. For consideration, applicants should submit a Holy Names University (staff/faculty) employment application with a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Holy Names University (HNU)
Oakland’s Holy Names University (HNU) was founded in 1868 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Rooted in Catholic intellectual and spiritual traditions, the university’s mission is to empower and prepare a diverse student body for productive lives of leadership and service in a complex world. HNU offers a liberal arts and professional education through 15 undergraduate majors and seven master’s degree programs. HNU’s student-centered education, with small class sizes and courses in varied formats and schedules, meets the current needs of adult learners, including first-generation students and working adults. The university’s idyllic, 60-acre campus is nestled in the Oakland hills of California and offers panoramic views of San Francisco Bay. To learn more, visit www.hnu.edu.
Holy Names University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from the community, alumni and the general public. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.