Dr. Fay Bower Alumni Awards
Dr. Fay Bower Alumni Award
The Holy Names University School of Nursing is soliciting nominations for the 3rd Annual Fay Bower Alumni Awards. The purpose of these awards is to recognize HNU alumni who exemplify Dr. Fay Bower’s outstanding nursing career of excellence in the areas of clinical practice, leadership, and research. One graduate will be honored in each area in recognition of their demonstration of HNU values, their commitment to the nursing profession, and their continued influence in the Greater Bay Area community.Submit a nomination
Dr. Fay Bower Alumni Award
- Is a graduate of a HNU nursing programs
- Resides and is employed in the Greater Bay Area
- Has an active license as a Registered Nurse
- Currently practices in a nursing role that promotes and demonstrates excellence in at least one of the following areas: Clinical Practice, Leadership, or Research
- Call for Nominations – January 27, 2020
- Nomination Deadline – March 23, 2020
- Winners Announced – March, 31, 2020
To recognize individuals who have given outstanding service within the last 5 years, selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Current practice demonstrates excellence in at least ONE of the following arenas: Clinical Practice, Leadership, or Research
- Excellence in Clinical Practice – Serves as a resource and role model in clinical practice for peers, new employees, and students
- Transformational Leadership – Is an influential leader and change agent
- Commitment to Nursing Research and evidence-based nursing –Actively promotes nursing practice based on current research delivered with quality care
- Proponent for staff development– Recognizes staff potential and encourages advancement (clinical or educational)
Recipients of the Fay Bower Award will be selected from a list of nominees submitted by their peers or staff.
- Nominators must: Submit the name of a nominee with a statement of 250 words or less by describing how the nominee meets the award criteria in one of the following areas: Nursing Practice, Leadership, or Research.
- Nominee must: submit an updated copy of their resume and supporting documents upon request by the Awards committee to email@example.com by March 23, 2020.
- The Awards Committee will conduct an independent review of all nominations, and will only consider information that is part of a submitted nomination.
- The Awards Committee will only consider complete nomination submissions.
- Recipients must attend the Sigma Theta Tau Nu Xi Chapter induction ceremony on April 25, 2020 at 10am in the Bay Vista Room at Holy Names University to receive their award.
- Nominations will not be accepted after the deadline of March 23, 2020.