Providing career counseling for all HNU students
We have a lifelong career commitment to all HNU students and grads. We’ll help you find your path with in-person and online guidance, as well as special campus events that foster your career development. The Career Center provides career counseling for all current Holy Names University students and to all HNU alumni, for life.
The Career Center provides:
- Individual career counseling/advising: Whether you are exploring your career options, aligning your experience with your degree, seeking your first job, feeling stuck in your current career, or considering a career change, we work with you to chart a path to achieving your goal. To explore your major and possible career paths, check out What Can I Do With My Major.
- Career assessments: We will help you identify your career interests, best work environments, and ideal industries. Assessments will also guide you in how you learn, interact, recharge your batteries and make decisions.
- Resume and cover letter development: We work with you to develop and create a resume and cover letter that highlight your skills, education and experiences.
- Interview practice and preparation: The process of interviewing is an art that takes practice to develop. We sit down with you to go through questions that will get you ready for that next interview and give you productive feedback.
- Career and graduate fairs: Meet with local employers at our career fairs or learn more about grad school from representatives from a wide range of higher education institutions.
- Job search support: We use Handshake, a career platform that lets you create a profile to search and apply for jobs with over 4,000 employers on and off-campus.
Services for Employers
Handshake is the online platform we use to post your open positions. Just create an account or, if you have an account already, just sign in and connect with us.
Looking to attend one of our fairs, host interview sessions, or table on campus? Check out our Fairs and Events section on Handshake. We host a Career & Graduate fair each fall and spring and look forward to having you join us!
Contact the Career Center
If you would like to talk about ways we can work together, contact Jules McKnight at (510) 436-1474.
Director of Career Services
81 Brennan Hall