Welcome to Residence Life
It’s so much more than a dorm room. It’s sharing a coffee at Rosie’s Cafe and chatting over lunch at the Public Market. It’s attending residence events that help you develop deep bonds with your neighbors. It’s forming friendships you will have for life. It’s a living and learning environment you’ll love calling your home.
Living on campus is not only a great time, but studies have shown that students who live on campus have an especially positive college experience. This is a unique opportunity to form friendships and build strong ties with other residents from a variety of backgrounds. It’s also a fun way to find your place at HNU.
• Be a member of an open and welcoming residential community
• Learn more about the resources available to enhance your HNU experience
• Develop invaluable communication and conflict resolution skills
Living on campus
More important information
Click here to apply for 2022-23 On-Campus Housing Application
Log In as a “Resident” (even if you haven’t lived on campus before) and use the same credentials as Hawks Edge/ Student Portal. Username: (no @my.hnu.edu); Password: same as all log ins
New Students (First Years & Transfers):
o New Incoming Undergraduate students (First Years & Transfers) will need to complete a 2022 –2023 New Student Housing Application to be eligible for on-campus Housing. Priority Deadline for New Students for the Fall 2022 semester is July 15th, 2022 by 11:59PM.
Returning/ Current Undergraduate Students:
o Returning and/or Current Undergraduate students will need to complete a 2022 –2023 Returning Student Housing Application to be eligible for on-campus Housing.
- Priority Deadline for Returning/ Current Students for the Fall 2022 semester is May 30th, 2022 by 11:59PM. Housing selection for those who complete and submit their housing application & agreement, new/updated immunization record, and housing deposit by the Priority deadline will take place June 15th – 19th, 2022.
- General Housing Deadline for Returning/ Current Students for the Fall 2021 semester is July 30th, 2022 by 11:59PM. Spaces will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Once we reach capacity, applicants will be placed on the Housing Waitlist. Housing will only be offered to those who complete and submit their housing application & agreement, new/updated immunization record, and housing deposit.
o ALL Graduate students (New & Current) will need to complete a 2022 –2023 Graduate Housing Application to be eligible for On Campus Housing. Priority Deadline for Graduate Student for the Fall 2022 semester is June 15th, 2022 by 11:59PM. There are limited spaces available. Spaces will be offered on a first- come, first-served basis. Once we reach capacity, applicants will be placed on the Housing Waitlist.
All new and current students must submit their immunization record & COVID19 vaccine documentation
Click here to submit your Immunization Record & COVID19 Vaccine Documentation
The Office of Housing and Residence Life at Holy Names University is committed to protecting the health and well‐being of our students. Therefore, the university is implementing procedures to ensure that students are educated about and receive vaccinations to prevent potentially serious and contagious diseases. Please visit the Resident Portal for Vaccination Information details.
The housing deposit is to hold your place in the housing application process. Housing deposits are credited to the student’s accounts and are non-refundable.
Choose from the following payment options:
- Pay online (select Housing Deposit as your payment option)
- Mail a check or a money order to:
Office of Housing and Residence Life
Holy Names University
3510 Mountain Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94619
- Turn in your cash, check, or money order at the Housing and Residence Life Front Desk in Feehan Hall
Note: If your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) is zero, you may be eligible for having the housing deposit waived. To be eligible to waive your housing deposit, please provide proof (the SAR section of your FAFSA or confirmation from your admissions counselor) to email@example.com.
Move-in information will be sent to residents via their HNU email address. Please continuously check your HNU email for updated information!
Tentative Move-in Dates :
- Student Leaders (RAs & FDAs): August 3rd – 5th
- Student Leaders ( PM, OLs, HDL): TBD
- Fall-Sport Student Athlete Move-in (W. Volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country only) : August 11th & 12th
- New Incoming Students (First Years, Transfers, & Graduate): August 18th – 20th
- New Graduate Assistants: July 1st – August 15th (Pending approval of required hiring paperwork)
- Returning and/or Current Undergraduate & Graduate students: August 21st – 23rd
In addition to checking out our list of what to bring and Frequently Asked Questions, parents and students are encouraged to visit the Residence Hall Linens Program page. This page has affordable options for high-quality bedding, bath, and storage supplies for students guaranteed through graduation. This is the easiest, most convenient way to make sure a student has everything they need for their new “home away from home.”
Any other questions?
Feel free to contact the Director of Housing and Residence Life, Destany Charles, with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 436-1294.