Transform the stigma of mental health
A Master’s degree with limitless opportunities
Do you care about community mental health and social justice? In HNU’s counseling psychology and forensic programs, you’ll gain a strong foundation in evidence-based counseling practices, restorative justice, forensic assessment, and have an opportunity to apply theory to practice through real-world experience.
• Counseling Psychology
• Forensic Psychology
• Dual Master's in Counseling and Forensic Psychology
• Certificate in Trauma-Informed Treatment
We offer three different degree programs and one certificate program.
Janine Jackson, MA '17
Coach/Case Manager at Alameda County Independent Living Program
My experience at HNU was phenomenal. The faculty all had different perspectives and they really pushed me to be an example for others. I knew I wanted to help people before I started the program and in the program I figured out how.
• Real-word experience: students gain their own practical experience in clinical placements.
• Flexible course schedule: courses are offered in late afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
• Learn from working professionals: our faculty members are experienced clinicians and researchers.
• Regular campus workshops and lectures with local partners and professionals.
• Free licensing exam preparation, which leads to above-average MFT Licensing Exam pass rates for HNU graduates