At Holy Names University, education begins in the classroom, but we don’t stop there. Our goal is to transform the educational landscape of our institution and the possibilities for our community. That’s why academics at Holy Names is student-centered. We invest in our students’ success by preparing them – whether they come to us as first-year students, transfer students, or adult learners — to solve the pressing problems we face locally, regionally, and globally. Our students think critically, collaborate effectively, and have opportunities to apply these skills in the real world. Our graduates make a difference in the lives of their families, our community, and the global community in which they will engage. Every Holy Names Hawk is prepared to change their communities, our state, and the world as innovators, collaborators, and advocates for social and restorative justice.
Our approach to academics is helping you realize your full potential through programs that promote:
- Social justice and action for making the world a better place
- Community building and dialogue for promoting civility
- Cultural competence and leadership for living in a global world
- Academic competence and direction for realizing success in life
- Personal responsibility and integrity for serving ourselves and each other