Campus Resources During Shelter-in-Place Order
On March 19, 2020, Governor Newsom announced a shelter-in-place order for the entire state of California.
Use this resource page as a guide as HNU follows Alameda County and the state of California’s shelter-in-place order. Note that this page will be updated as needed.
Access to HNU is now restricted to students and essential staff only. There are no social visitors allowed. Students or staff expecting visitors need to notify the front gate in advance.
- The Public Market is open for brunch between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. and dinner between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- The Residence Halls are open to HNU residents only (no social visitors are allowed).
- The Hester Administration Building is open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The following buildings are closed: The Chapel, Brennan Hall, The Cushing Library, The VCPA, The Raskob Institute, Tobin Gym, Rosie’s Café, and Heafey Hall
Services Available on Campus
- Dining Services: The Public Market is currently open during regular hours, but starting Wednesday, March 18, it will be open for brunch between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. and dinner between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Meals will be available in a grab-and-go format and menu options will be limited.
- Residence Life, Campus Safety, Campus Services, Human Resources, the Business Office, and Custodial Services continue to operate on campus.
- All mail and packages will be delivered to Campus Services. If you are expecting mail, please contact campus services to arrange to pick it up from their offices. If you are a resident, all mail will continue to be delivered to the Resident Halls’ Front Desk.
Services Transitioning Online
- All classes are being conducted online through the end of the Spring semester.
- Library Services are available online (see Library website).
- IT will provide all services online.
- Appointments with Advising, Tutoring, HNU’s Career Center, and Counseling Services are now being conducted online. Check your HNU email for updates from these departments.
If there are any questions about the limited services during this time please contact the Campus Services Office at (510) 436-1508 or CampusServices@hnu.edu.