Student Laptop Loaner Program
Holy Names University is committed to the success of our students during this time of remote instruction and learning. We are working to ensure the success of our students by providing technology resources to those who need it.
HNU students should fill out the Student Laptop Loan Request Form using the link below. Students experiencing connectivity issues may also use this form to provide more information about their needs.
Eligible HNU students may request a loaner laptop for either short-term or long-term use. Loaner laptops are Windows PC based computers that come with standard software and a power adapter. There is no cost to the student for this service.
How to apply
Fill out the Student Laptop Loan Request Form using the link provided.
- HNU students without personal laptops that do not have the means to acquire one.
- HNU students that are currently enrolled in courses that use software that require a more powerful computer.
- All HNU students can request a basic short-term loaner laptop.
Terms and Conditions
- Laptops are only for HNU distance learning purposes.
- Short-term loaner laptops are loaned for a minimum of one day and a maximum of seven days.
- Long-term loaner laptops are loaned for a semester.
- Laptops must be returned by the due date.
- Student may renew their long-term laptop for another semester by re-applying.
- Installation of non-standard software are prohibited unless approved by the HNU IT Helpdesk.
- Students agree in the safekeeping and care of the loaned laptops and agree to financially reimburse the university for damaged/lost laptop due to user neglect.
- Laptops are loaned out on a first-come, first-served basis to HNU students.
- Laptops should be reserved several days in advance to ensure availability. Pickup and drop off time are M-F, 12:00 – 3:00 in Heafey 657.