Holy Names University is committed to the success of our students during this time of remote instruction and learning. We are working to ensure the success of the HNU student community by providing technology resources those who many need assistances for financial or other reasons
HNU students should fill out the Student Laptop Loan Request Form using the link below. Students experiencing connectivity issues may also use this form to provide more information about their needs.
Eligible HNU students may request a loaner laptop for either short-term or long-term depending on needs. Loaner laptops are Windows PC based computers that come with the standard software, and power adapter. There is no cost to the student for this service.
How to apply
Fill out the Student Laptop Loan Request Form using the link provided.
- HNU students without personal laptops do not have the means to acquire one apply for basic long-term loaner laptop.
- HNU students that are currently enrolled in courses that use software that requires a more powerful computer may apply for a long-term loaner laptop with high-end specification.
- All HNU students can request a basic short-term loaner laptop on a first come, first-served basis.
Terms and Conditions
- Laptops are only for HNU distance learning purposes.
- Short-term loaner laptops are loaned for a minimum of one day and a maximum of seven days.
- Long-term loaner laptops are loaned a semester basis.
- Laptops must be returned by the due date so IT may prepare them for other students in need.
- Student may renew their long-term laptop for another semester term by re-applying.
- Installation of non-standard software are prohibited unless approve by the HNU IT Helpdesk.
- Students agree in the safekeeping and care of the loaned laptops and agree to financially reimburse the university for damaged/lost laptop due to user neglect.
- Laptops are loaned out on a first-come, first-served basis to HNU students.
- Laptops should be reserved several days in advance to ensure availability. Pickup and drop off time are M-F, 12:00 – 3:00 in Heafey 657.